The college transition - its the one I'd been so excited for for...well, years, really. This is when I expected to be the most fulfilling and happiest part of my life. And I'm waiting for that part to begin.
Because, of course, this isn't how I expected. I miss so many aspects of my old life, so vibrantly that it hurts. So much. Really, I miss my steady income and my friends. I knew the greatest people in the world, and I'm so scared that we will grow apart here. I'll fight to keep it from happening. I'm scared I'll never meet people like the ones I already know. They complete my world, really.
This was the best summer I'd ever had. I was busy and happy. Always something to do, someone to see, somewhere to go. And now its gone. I'm starting over, maybe with something better, but I hate to see it go.
I don't want these people to drift out of my life, more than anything. I'm so sad because I fear that it might happen.
But other than that, I guess I'm pretty happy here. Still adjusting, still irritated with some aspects of freshmen orientation. But I'm happy with where I live and with my classes. And if I can find a job then I'll be fine. If I can keep my old friends as well as finding new ones I'll be more than fine.
I want to be insanely happy here, the way I expected it to be. Maybe it just takes some time.
Saturday, August 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You'll never lose me. I love you so much and you're such a big aspect of my life. I promise you can talk to me about anything and I will always be there for you. Best friends means forever.
ReplyDelete