I wish everyone could see, that I am a living, complex, human being. I'm not just some loser who got lucky a couple of times. I'm so much more than that.
And as human beings, we are so much more than the measure of a number, anyway. There is so much more to live for. How can you not get that? How can you become so consumed with outdoing everyone, and for what small, insignificant "reward?" What are you even working for, anyway? You probably don't even know.
Tell me your purpose. What you are striving for, in the greater picture of things. Is it heaven? Is it self actualization? Is it universal approval? Or something else? I wish someone would answer me, and do it intelligently. Make an argument, for why you wake up in the morning, what makes you tick, and go, and keep living. Because I think, underneath it all, few people even bother to think about why. Just keep going, day by day, like clockwork. We are human machines.
I wish someone could justify themselves, I just want to know what lies underneath everyone's purpose. I only know my own mind. I know what I'm striving for.
Its a sort of day by day satisfaction. If each day is all we have, and this second is the only one that's guaranteed, lets make it ultimate. Worth it. Because this all, is all that we have for sure. I want to be satisfied, and happy, and content. The exact word is hard to find. But each day, I like where I am, what I'm doing, and where I'm going. Not these literal goals that people set for themselves, and not some materialistic success obtained by competition. I just like where I am, and where I will be tomorrow if and when it comes.
That is the best way I can summarize what I'm all about. Some kind of infinite satisfaction. But what makes other people go, go, go, running like a maniac in a circle? And all the lashing out, shooting people down, wanting to bring down anyone who has something that you don't. Just be happy for other people. And maybe, dammit, happy for yourself for once.
There are so many beautiful things to see, and hear, and feel, and contemplate. And who bothers to care? There is more in this world than I will ever be able to fully appreciate or understand, but at least I try. Why aren't you? Why don't you care?
It is so easy and so fulfilling to sometimes just sit and be alive. Maybe I think way too much. But I find happiness in that, and everything, to such an extent that most people never bother to experience. And that would be your loss. And that, the fact that you are too busy measuring your mediocre meaningless success and worrying about mind numbing trivials, is holding you back from feeling something beautiful.
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
this is a very meaningful blog post.
ReplyDeleteit really touched me especially with the people shooting each other down.
Why can't people be happy for other people??
Honestly, I was just about to hit my "new post" button to write something similar to this.
ReplyDeleteExcept my thoughts were directed more towards emotions.
Like, how people are so fixated on being "the perfect person" that the second their mood is a bit less perfect, they freak out and think something is wrong with them.
In response to your blog though,
I think most people set out with a purpose but are so scared of failing, they find some routine and go with that.
and many people are pressured into being successful by their parents, friends, and society in general.
Most people are brainwashed into believing fulfilling the American Dream is the only road to happiness.
I can't exactly justify them, however.
I agree with you. I find beauty in just being. I love days when I can brighten someone's day with some silly comment. I like living for me and, at the end of day, knowing I lived the day exactly to my liking.
I wish more people thought in similar ways.
But many people, sadly, are never given the opportunity to become free thinkers.
I may have gotten a bit off topic, I was just going on a thought train for awhile.
I really like your blog and your way of looking at it :]