Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Part 2.

It was a conversation I needed to have. I guess it wasn't earth shattering, or mind blowing, but it made me feel infinitely better. Letting him know how I felt. Letting him know that part of it hurt me. The fact that he cared enough to listen, and to apologize, it means enough. Hopefully we will now be friends, good friends he says, and that is all for now. And I completely understand why. (This is much more than I expected, anyway).

Mostly, I feel that by speaking up, and asking the question that I needed answered, was the best part of it all. The revelation lies in the fact that I've grown up enough to reach out, and ask these questions. If I can risk hearing what I don't want to hear, in order to get the answer I need to move forward, well, I feel emotionally older now. Stronger that I can do this. Less passive. More empowered, regardless of the situation.

So I guess you could say, I've gained security in two senses tonight. A definition of our relationship, but also an idea of how much more mature, tactful, and healthy I have become in how I treat myself. From now on, I will try to continue respecting my emotions like this.

1 comment:

  1. well, looks like you're the one writing me a note in calculus tomorrow...ha I'm such a blog stalker :p

    ReplyDelete