I've spent years of my life trying to pick up the broken, the fucked up, and hopeless. Trying to put them back together piece by peace, and give them hope, and reasons, and a better life.
I feel like I'm in a room, surrounded by shelves and shelves of vases, and they keep falling off and shattering into tiny pieces. And I'm dashing around, doing everything i can to pick up all the little pieces and glue them back together. But I'm clumsy and slow and just one person anyway, and maybe I'm not even making much of a difference. So then I run around trying to catch them before they hit the ground, catch them safe in my arms and put them back where they belong. But that's hard to do, too. And I feel so sad because some of these vases belonged to somebody special, somebody who is hurting worse than I am to see them break. And then I feel even worse when I realized, some of these vases belong to nobody, and when they break, they slide into a sort of nonexistence and nobody even misses them, or thinks fondly of them.
And all around the world vases keep falling,and sometimes it makes me sad and sometimes it makes me angry. Because sometimes, they should have had the initiative to take care of themselves. Just stay away from the damn ledge in the first place But maybe they were pushed, and its too late now to blame the past anyway. But here in the present, all I can do is try to put them back together or catch them if i can. Some don't want to be put back together and I'm cutting my hands on their sharp edges, getting knocked to the ground when I catch them in my arms. Even now, they don't care enough to be fixed. And more just keep falling, faster than I can ever keep up.
And at some point I have to step back and realize there's only so much I can do. But I can't get out now, because now the ones that I value are falling. I never expected mine to fall. I absolutely love some of these, and I can't stand to see them smashed. But there's nothing more I can do.
I wish I could reach out and pick up so many of those that have fallen, give love and hope to people who don't have it, because they never have and probably never will have these things. But on the other hand, I'm only human too, and there are people that I think have made too many mistakes, who don't deserve these things anymore. I don't see a way to do what i want to do, to help those lost kids that sometimes, I wonder if the rest of the world sees. I see them, and I'm at a loss for what to do.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment