I find this blog to be rather necessary. And honestly, I meant to write it last night. It would have been more effective. But things came up, and i couldn't.
So here it goes now..
Basically, I wanted to make a list, of all my goals/intentions/aspirations/whatever for this next year. It seems like an important one, one that will probably play a huge role in defining my future. And this is my list:
I need to separate myself from people who aren't beneficial for me. This will be one of the hardest things on my list, probably. I'm still maintaining friendships with people who do nothing for me but bring me down. I've been distancing myself from all of this, but I still have a long way to go. So, if you can't be genuine with me, I guess I'm done trying to be genuine with you. You aren't worth it. I am. Difference being, I'm truly capable of a genuine friendship...most of you aren't, at this point.
I need to work on keeping the peace in my own home. I don't know how to do this, yet. But I'm rational, and I need to find a way to keep things happier around here. Making the best of it for one more year.
I need to figure out where I'm going, after I leave here. At this point, I'm incredibly torn between Mercer and Georgia Southern. Its getting hard, with so many people trying to influence me to one, or the other, or even to other places. I need to block some of this out, and find the best decision for me.
I need to better my eating habits. This is pretty broad. I've been working on improving my eating, only eating when I'm hungry, and making healthier food choices. Now, I need to work on cutting out caffeine and sugar, and drinking more water. This is going to be hard. I also need to cut out a 'bad habit' that I have. Not sure if I'm motivated enough for this one, though.
I also need to better my exercise habits. Some crunches or stuff at home, for now. Once softball is over, I hope to start going to the gym with Megan. Stuff like this will only help me to feel better.
I need a guy to be constant in my life. All my guy friends come and go, and I don't know why. Girls will stay and be consistent, but I can't become close with a guy and maintain it for a long period of time. I'd like to change that.
I need to manage my time. This includes getting my schoolwork done quicker, and less procrastinating. This also means less time spent wasted on myspace!
I need to keep doing things just for me, that make me happy. This is probably the most important thing of all. I need to find a way to move forward with my life, and enjoy my time in this town.
These are just a few of my goals. Some of them are going to be pretty difficult.
But it will surely be worth it :)
I need a good, happy, productive senior year.
Friday, August 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment