Thursday, September 10, 2009

I swear, one day...

I'll be beautiful and mature and sophisticated.

Maybe I'm just not there yet.
And maybe love finds those that are already like that.

I wish I looked like that.
I wish I was like that.
But I can't be.


I'm still a dorky kid. I don't know when (or if) that will change.

Love me for that, if you could.
And if you can't, then I guess I'll just keep waiting.
I am who I am, and only time can change it, I guess.
I can't just snap my fingers and be...whatever I need to be.

And I'm sorry.
I'm still only human, and certainly not perfect.
No one is.
I guess some people just got lucky and were better than the rest.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure I have missed the deeper meaning behind this post
    but in all honesty, you're one of those people I see around school and wish I could look like

    I think we all just see the flaws within ourselves and that blinds us to our own beauty sometimes.

    :]

    ReplyDelete