Friday, October 2, 2009

Positive people-observations.

Often, I feel as if I focus on the bad side of people. But sometimes, I dwell on the goodness as well.

Sometimes, a stranger has the power to make my day. A 15-45 second exchange of words leaves me smiling for the next hour, for no real reason.
Some people just seem so happy, so genuine. A stranger with no bad intentions, someone just saying pleasant things because its what they feel.

Its like the Black truck driver fellow at the gas station that one time. All we did was talk about the weather while we pumped our gas, but he was just so sincerely happy that the sun was shining again. So happy it was contagious.

When these people walk out of my life forever, mere seconds after we met, a small part of me misses them. A large part of me wishes them a happy life. Anyone with the power to make a stranger smile deserves the best.

To myself, I hope that these people find something amazing.
People that often go unnoticed. Often in the public service industry. Truck drivers and janitors and such. People who do their jobs under the radar, but are glad to exchange happy words with anyone who is willing.
It just seems so...hopeful.
I hope these people are happy.
And I hope someone makes them feel appreciated. Because they make me smile.

But then again, I think I just like talking to strangers in general sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment