Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Cathartic Intentions

I've been in this situation before. Sitting idly by, waiting for someone else to make the decision, initiate the contact, or decide its over. The waiting kills me. I never get the closure I deserve.
I'm done waiting. I'm reaching out, asking for the answers. I should have done it long ago. I didn't because I was scared of hearing what I don't want to hear. Now, I can't handle not knowing. An "its over" will be better than this.
Tonight, I will take charge. I won't let someone else fuck with my emotions, dragging this out and making it hurt worse. Tell me to stay or to go. Tell me I mean something or nothing. Tell me anything. I need the truth. I can't handle not knowing.

Either way, its going to hurt. But today, and the past few days, have hurt greatly anyway. Today, when a friend of mine mentioned "love," this terrified me. I don't want to love you. Tonight I would rather find for a fact that you don't want me, and that I should move on, than to find that I love you. Because surely, that would be unrequited. I don't want unrequited. I don't want to pine away over you. And I won't.

For the first time in my life, I think, I'm reaching out and trying to demand honesty. We will communicate. I will most likely hear things I don't want to hear, and it will hurt. A lot. But its what I have to do. I have to take care of my emotions. I can't let you play me...I won't be just another chick whose emotions you screw around with. I can't be just another chick who gets hurt out of niavity. I will take care of myself.

Here I go.

2 comments:

  1. I honestly wish I had the strength to do the same. It's such an unhealthy obsession girls find themselves tied to. If more of us could have the resolve to do what you're doing, heartbreak would be a lot less like agonizing, a lot less like being shot in the heart. A beautifully inspiring entry as always, Billie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) Actually talking about how I felt, and asking what was going on with him, instead of just sitting here wondering, made me feel really good. So yayyy.

    ReplyDelete