And then you say you don't understand, ask me why I so rarely come home.
And I don't know how to tell you this;
but the reason I never come home is because it is always like it is tonight.
Tonight, I had just gotten several emails from Mercer: my summer orientation schedule, some reading assignments and discussion ideas, and my schedule that was changed because of my AP scores.
And I was so excited, I tried to talk to you about these things. You don't even listen, or care. You just tell me to wake up early tomorrow and go pick up my sister.
Forget the plans I may already have. Forget even listening to me, or acting like you care about my future that I'm so excited about.
I never come home, because you aren't interested in who I've become.
When I come home, you don't ask me about...anything. You just tell me I need to clean my room, or my car, or pick up my sister, or wash some dishes that I didn't dirty.
Because I don't remember the last meal I ate here.
And this makes me so, so, so unbelieveably sad.
But I feel as if I barely belong.
And I don't want to belong, really. This place isn't my future.
I know what my future is, and I"m so excited. And I wish so much that you would care. Ask me about my schedule and classes or maybe my AP scores or do I need any thing like new bedsheets or even just how am I feeling.
All I get is, go clean your room.
I feel so close to more goodbyes. This isn't my life anymore here. And its down to weeks until I"m gone to where my life is.
Monday, July 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment