Sunday, May 24, 2009

Fuck me, I'm a celebrity.

I had a total change of heart over the past couple of days, and I'm taking things optimistically again. I'm looking for beauty in simple things, and adventure in the ordinary, and I'm going to find something special. I feel like I'm running out of time, but there is no way around time, obviously.

So here is a bit of my weekend:
Friday night I went to graduation. It was great, I didn't really pay much attention to the ceremony, but I sat with Hillary and Austin, and it was a lot of fun. I wish I got to hang out with both of them more often. Oh yea, and I saw lots of people that I haven't seen much lately...and some that I might be better off not seeing. But hey, I can't get around people, just like I can't get around time.

Saturday. Softball tournament, which was significant in the fact that I drove by myself (finally!) I followed someone down, but I evidently didn't pay good enough attention, because when I tried to find my way home on my own later, I got completely fucking lost. Like, I was supposed to go through Lula to get to Cleveland, and I ended up in ghetto-ass downtown Gainesville. It was terrifying. I had no idea where I was, or what to do. But some incredible luck got me out and back on North 129. I don't know how the fuck I managed it, but so far, my philosophy of "just keep following the road, you will either come to a dead end or find your way out eventually, unless you run out of gas" has held though. Incidentally, this has proved an important philosophy for me, since I get lost so much. I think I coined it the night of my wreck, but didn't fully test it until a few months later, when Becca and Ansley and Kennedy and I were lost in the bumfucks of Haysville. Anyway, I'm sure it will fail me eventually.
Anyway, after I made it home, after a completely amazing beautiful drive of great music in the nightfall, I went to Wendy's. Here I learned that I don't have to work for another week. I don't know how that happened, but I'm not asking questions. I am instead taking advantage of one more free week.

Sunday. I finally made my way out to McCaysville. Becca drive, and I had no idea where I was going, and then BAM! We hit Copper Hill and I had some intense Deja Vu. We found this Mexican place where I ate a lot as a kid. See, my parents would drive out there to eat because this place served alcohol, unlike the closer ones. Ha. Ha. Anyway, I had totally forgotten about this place, and this town. It was beyond amazing though, so old fashioned and chill. And the train tracks, which I love. After that we went to this Art in the Park festival in downtown Blue Ridge. More beautiful items, more lovely train tracks. I had a great time, and got this amazing painting of the Brooklyn Bridge. I can't wait until I have my own apartment and get to decorate with these things. The wierdest thing about the trip was this random guy who talked to us for a really long time, telling us to call our boyfriends and get them to help him load his stuff or something. What the fuck man, it was hilarious. I love talking to random people.

So, this is going to be one busy summer for me. One of the oddest things, however, is the massive amount of books that I want to read.
Here is a decent list:
Post Office (already started)
Exit Here (already started)
Snuff
Bite Me (already started)
The Fountainhead
Plain Truth
Coconut Moon
Progeny
The God Delusion (already started)
Some Pentecostal book with a title I can't remember..
Some Sleepy Hollow-esque book with a title I can't remember..
An Agusten Burrows book with a title I can't remember..
The Things They Carried
The Handmaid's Tale
Freakonomics (already started)
How to Read Literature Like a Professor
The Road

And there are more I'm sure.
I guess I could kind of keep track of my progress on here.
Since I clearly won't finish all of this, but I am going to try.

So there is a lot more that I would like to type about, more importantly, the fact that I think that I'm a kleptomaniac. But that would take a while, and this is already a ridiculously long post.

So I'll end it on a very meaningful Palahniuk quote:

"When you understand that what you're telling is just a story. It isn't happening anymore. When you realize the story you're telling is just words, when you can just crumble up and throw your past in the trashcan, then we'll figure out who you're going to be."

2 comments:

  1. dudee i admire you
    we have the same goals to avoid people..
    like im just scared i'll get trash talked about one certain person

    but you forgot to mention the lady at mexican haha
    dude i forgot all about that random guy thats hilarious!

    he was a freaking weirdo.

    i love you and thanks for coming today

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'wierdest '
    :)

    You are incredibly innovative.
    I admire your tenacity.

    ReplyDelete