All along, it was Fate, Luck, or Chance (depending on what you believe) that brought us together.
That first night, no bit of it was preconceived in even the tiniest way, by either one of us.
(In a way, this really amazes me. That there would ever, in any way, would be an "us" was so beyond unexpected to me, and you, and probably the entire rest of the world.)
Nobody chose for us to be together. We didn't even choose it, really. It just happened. Like Fate or Luck or Chance, it was out of our realm of control.
(This all becomes more clear as a look back now).
For a while, we did go our separate ways. I was distracted by him, and you by her, and really, we didn't talk much.
So, this lack of talking between us, it has happened before. I didn't hurt over it that time, because I was consumed with someone else then (and you mean much more to me now).
My point being, a few weeks later, Fate, Luck, or Chance brought us back together again. Pretty much just placed you in my car, in fact. And we went, and I was there for you. And we were friends, a little bit. But not much.
And then one day (after a fabulous, virtually sleepless night spent somewhere else, and a random desire to run the next morning) you showed up right outside the car again. It was Fate, Luck, or Chance. We didn't plan to meet there. You said for me to come with you, and I simply went. And so on, like that, for a while.
It may not make much sense. What I mean is, I've never once woken up, any morning, and known that I would see you. I have hoped, on occasion. But you never were my plan. (And I know I was never yours). Being with you...it is always so sporadic. Every aspect of any conceivable "us," its so random.
You were never in any way a part of my plan. And trying to make you a part of it, trying to make being with you something with foresight and planning, it isn't working. This is so hard for me. You aren't in my control.
Being with you..I have to leave it up to Fate, Luck, or Chance. I think that, eventually, these things put us in the same place, at the same time. Again.
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment